Saturday, September 25, 2010

PHASE II -- Update

I'm about to head out for a night on the town with my best girl ( she'll laugh at that ) and a buddy of mine, but here is the progress I've made, today.  And, to think, I was planning on getting this wiring layout done in a couple of hours.  It's taken me nearly all day and I'm still short a couple of wires.  Imagine that! 

Enjoy!


This was the fantasy spacing, in order to give the work space room for servicing.

However...



This is what really happened.  Not too much of a change. 

I'm so OCD about this stuff that it pains me to see that black wire crossing over the red one in the background.  But, I just couldn't avoid it.  I think it's coming out pretty cool, though.



The right tool gets the job done...




Off to sip some Belgian Ale and to hear some great music. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks good so far Rob! I understand the OCD thing with the wires. I feel a bit that way when I work on anything, it's that whole perfectionist thing that I really don't mind at all, but makes me spend more time than I need to on most every job. I know we are a lot alike on that. Enjoy the beer and music!

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! It's looking very good and you took a lot of time to make it "just so". Your care shows.

    I have to laugh though; I've been on various forums for years and years that feature conversions of one sort another. Your work looks stunning compared to 95% of what I've see that passes for wiring! Good on ya!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike -- I would agree, that we think alike, especially from what I've seen of your additions. How is that inverter you got for a smokin' deal holding up?

    Les -- Considering you are a professional in the field, I take that as a tremendous compliment. I am humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rob, That inverter has been flawless! I use it to run the microwave often, our convection oven, and of course all the other 110 stuff we have with no issues. The charger/transfer switch side has worked perfectly as well. Sometimes those craigslist deals workout pretty sweet :)

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete